Want to have your music featured on Sing The Nation Electric? You’ve come to the right place! Looking to write for Sing The Nation Electric? Head down the hallway and take a right.
We welcome most music from all genres, with some exceptions. We accept submissions of albums, EPs, demos, and singles. We have no genre restrictions or regional preferences; we’ll write about anything from bluegrass to black metal, from the United States to the Ukraine. We currently produce the following content on Sing The Nation Electric…
- Album Features (average of 1,000 words)
- Albums (typically) must have a minimum of 8 songs OR 30 minutes of music
- We prefer to feature albums released in the current calendar year
- We prefer to feature albums released by lesser-known artists
- Music Surveys (average of 100 words per entry)
- Albums, demos, EPs, singles welcome– you name it, we’ll take it!
- We prefer to feature music released in the current calendar year
- We prefer to feature music released by lesser-known artists
- LESSER-KNOWN ARTISTS
How do we define lesser-known artists? Sing The Nation Electric does not currently have a universal answer to that question. Different standards exist for different cultural reference points. We handle submissions on a case-by-case basis and we take the following factors into account…
- How wide is the artist’s fan base/social media following?
- How many blogs have already written about the album?
- How successful have the band’s sales been?
None of these factors lead to an automatic refusal. They are vague guidelines and as of this writing, Sing The Nation Electric is a new blog and is extremely likely to accept any music submitted. However, these guidelines are established in case this project reaches the point where so much music is submitted that the writers do not have time to write a feature or a survey about every single one.
We censor our content. We will not accept hate speech, including but not limited to white supremacist propaganda, alt-right propaganda, homophobia, transphobia, and xenophobia. SNE was founded to respect people, period. We strive to maintain a safe space for POC, LGTBQ+, indigenous, and other voices who have not gotten their due in mainstream culture. We welcome these voices and we spurn those who detract them or deny their right to exist in peace.
In short, Sing The Nation Electric reserves the right to refuse to write.
If you’re reading this, and you’re a generally decent person, we want to hear your music! You’ve worked hard to conceive, build, practice, and record your sounds. Thank you for doing that. At Sing The Nation Electric, we believe that every new sound makes the world a better place. We do not criticize the music we write about; we celebrate it. We leave genre discussions and quality comparisons to more established blogs. We just want people to hear your art. If you’re feeling nervous about submitting your tunes, we want you to take a deep breath and go for it! Fill out the form below and hit the button.